Steele Hall
Steele Hall at Syracuse University was first occupied on October 1, 1898. It is located due east of the Heroy Geology Laboratory and southwest of Hendricks Chapel. This four-story, load-bearing masonry structure was designed in a modified Renaissance style to blend with the architecture of Holden Observatory. It was named in honor of SU Trustee Esther Baker Steele and originally housed the Physics Department. Prior to being converted to an administrative facility in 1969, this building also housed the Departments of Biology, Architecture, and Citizenship. It now contains the offices of the Registrar, as well as other University programs and services, including the ITS Training Center, Human Resources, the Office of Equal Opportunity, Inclusion, and Resolution Services, the Office of Academic Affairs, and the Office of Student Rights and Responsibilities. This 1898 structure is reported to comprise 28,923 gross square feet.
Address: 131 Crouse Drive
Syracuse, NY 13244
Building Number: MC12